There’s nothing better than skimming through Instagram and stopping at a quote that perfectly addresses what you’re feeling at that exact moment. You glance at the number of likes on the post and realize you’re not alone.
We all have days when we need that extra boost of confidence. For times like those, Levo has you covered. We rounded up our absolute favorite confidence-boosting quotes on Instagram to give you all the feels. But don’t just read them—live by them.
1. “Come in with a level of humility but present with conviction.” —Adam Braun, @PencilsofPromise Founder
Believe that what you’re saying is important. Know that your presence makes a difference.
2. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.” —Bill Gates
Every single one of our lives is unique, so to compare yours to another’s would be like comparing apples to oranges.
3. “You just have to trust your own madness.” —Clive Barker
Second-guessing yourself can be destructive. You won’t get anywhere if you don’t take the leap.
4. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” —Beyoncé
You’re setting yourself up for disappointment if you’re waiting for your actions to be validated by someone else. Your own validation is all that matters.
5. “Know your worth and let it shine.” —Rachael Tachie-Menson, Partnerships and Engagement Lead at LoungeBuddy
As soon as you realize your value, that’s when you’ll find true happiness.
6. “Self-love is the foundation for every other human interaction you will have.” —Tiffany Hardin, Principal & Co-Founder of Gild Creative Group
If you wake up not being in love with yourself, your life becomes a lot more difficult.
“My mother told me to ‘love myself first,’ which sounds simple, but as you get older you become more critical of yourself, so it’s hard to remember at times. Self-love is the foundation for every other human interaction you will have. When you love yourself—you’re not seeking validation outside of yourself, and you can give love freely.” — @tiffany_hardin on today’s #MyPowerOutfit (👉 link in our bio!)
7. “Your value doesn’t decrease based on someone’s inability to see your worth.” —Ted Rubin
Nobody lives in your skin except for you, so don’t expect everyone to understand your struggles and appreciate your accomplishments the way you will.
[Related: 4 Ways You’re Killing Your Confidence]
8. “Stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone ought to be.” —Elizabeth Gilbert
It’s important to have dreams, but don’t forget to wake up and do something about them.
9. “You control your own life. Your own will is extremely powerful.” —J.K. Rowling
The second you realize you have a say in how your life plays out, you will never live the same way again.
Couldn't let today pass by without wishing a happy 50th birthday to one of the most inspiring women out there — #JKRowling. From single mother on welfare to the author who inspired a new generation of readers, she's proof that hard work pays off and success often happens when you least expect it. #happybirthday #levoinspired #harrypotter
[Related: 4 Ways to Close Your Confidence Gap]
10. “Whatever makes you weird is probably your greatest asset.” —Joss Whedon
Being common isn’t what’s going to take you far. Your weirdness is what sets you apart, and if you take advantage, it could be your biggest asset.
Photo: LWA / Dann Tardif / Getty Images